Wednesday, May 14, 2008

and we have a decision

Well, the job decision has sort of been made for me. I've been leaning towards looking for a teaching job, and getting things put into place to start applying when jobs for next year are posted. A little while ago I got a call from the fireplace company we are the distributor for: they're giving our distributorship to another company. But we can still sell in 3 smaller towns in the area. We've had just so much success with the large territory that they're taking away the majority of it so that we can do well in a much smaller area. Makes complete sense to me. I mean, I understand it's a business decision, but we've been told for months that we're safe and have nothing to worry about, they'll protect us. The best part is, the company they're giving it to is a company we approached to sell to. They didn't want to buy from someone smaller than them, so they went to the manufacturer and took our area. So that's cool.

Max doesn't seem to be very concerned about it, but I think it's time to move on. We've lost enough money in this, I'd prefer to just cut our losses and get out. Of course, it's not my money, and I guess he wants to keep trying. But I think Alfred can handle the blistering 1-sale-every-3-months pace I've set so far. I have confidence in him.

It's really not so bad, since I've been thinking of leaving anyway, but it still kind of sucks that I was so bad at this that I completely screwed up the entire company.

Oh well. Who likes fireplaces anyway?

No comments: