Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun with Young Children

Scene 1: church, during one of the hymns

Ella: Is there only a piano at this church?
Katie: Yup, just a piano.
Ella: No trumpets?
Katie: Nope, no trumpets.
Ella: Not even any cymbals?
Katie: Nope, just a piano.
(pause)
Ella: Trombones are my favorite.

(I don't know what kind of church this kid's been going to, but it sounds entertaining.)


Scene 2: the living room of my parents' house

Ella (coming up from the basement): Uncle Mike, they won't let me do whatever I want.


Scene 3: the basement of my parents' house


Kristin: Ella's uncle told me that I was in charge of the lights cause I'm the biggest kid here.
Me: Yup, that's right.
Kristin (worried): Well, did he tell Ella they were going to take over the world?

(yes, yes he did)


Scene 3: photography studio

Cathy carries Mason into the studio. He's a little cranky and doesn't want to cooperate. He's rubbing his face, and eventually his finger makes it into his nose. When he pulls it out and holds it up, there's a giant booger on the tip of his finger.

No comments: