Wednesday, May 28, 2008

all by ourselves

Katie left today to go back to NY for the summer. It's the end of an era. The plus side: there will be no one around to convince me to make delicious bad things all summer. The negative side: there will be no one around to convince me to make delicious bad things all summer, which means I will not make delicious bad things. Or if I do, I will eat it all myself. Damn Alfred and his willpower!

So I've been working on teaching stuff most of the day. I need to write a classroom management plan, which is basically something that says how I'd run the classroom and handle discipline and stuff (that's what google has told me so far, anyway). I'm also updating my resume, and I have to put together a portfolio. There's a big teacher recruitment fair in 2 weeks that I'm going to, so I need to get myself together by then. They do hiring on the spot. It's the bigger of the 2 counties I'm applying to for next year, and easier to get into, but I'd rather teach in the other one because it would be closer to where we're moving. But I'm not going to be picky; I'll take any job I'm offered!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

really..you had to put that picture up?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, your mother will probably never see the picture of you with the "juice" in your hand.

Anonymous said...

a) Katie is posing in such a Tracy way! Ahhh you taught her well..

b) so golden on the teaching stuff, it makes me tres happy

--K (who cannot figure out how not to be anonymous)