Monday, May 12, 2008

weekend recap

No pictures today, but a story about me being a drunken fool! Almost as good!

It was a nice weekend, though the reason for it was sad. If you've ever read Tuesdays with Morrie, though, she did not want to get to that point, and for her sake I'm glad she didn't. The funeral was very nice, the priest was good friends with both of my grandparents and did the mass for my grandfather as well. He was able to make it very personal, and he actually teared up at the cemetery. He was the priest that confirmed me, my brother, and a couple of my cousins, but I did not feel the need to go relive old times with him. I'm sure he would vaguely remember me because of my grandma, but he doesn't need to be reminded of me specifically. I wasn't the most pious teenager. Heck, the most I remember of the weekend retreat we had to take was going upstairs to the boys' hallway, and flirting with a couple of guys I liked.

So we decided to have a night out with (almost) all the cousins Saturday night. We started out with a power hour (complete with Uno) at 6pm. Luckily, we had 2 19 year olds that could be our DDs, but unluckily, they joined us in the power hour. By 7 we had moved outside (after Mike knocked over about half a dozen bottles on the living room floor) and my cousin Kim had brought her 3 kids over (my mom was having a sleep over with them and Ella and Mason). So we spent some time chasing the kids around and playing with them, I attempted to clean up the bottles and shot glasses (fully intending to clean them up on Sunday), Mike got denied buying beer at a gas station because he had an out of state ID, and Katie and my cousin Aaron raced each other around the block on my grandma's motorized scooters. By maybe 8 I think my mom's head was ready to explode, and everyone was there by then, so we headed off to a bar/restaurant.

I will add at this point that I had made it through the power hour and, while I was feeling somewhat intoxicated, I was really doing quite well. So I decided to have a couple more cans of beer. Smart move.

So we get to the bar, and we order some pitchers and food. That's when things start to get fuzzy. I think I drank some more, and I know I had at least 1 piece of pizza. Apparently there were also wings, fries, chicken fingers, and all sorts of other stuff, but I have no recollection of that. I spent a lot of time working the table, circling around and talking to everybody, and I called one of my cousins who hadn't come to try to convince him to join us. I'd love to hear that voice mail. Tony and Cathy told me Sunday that I got sentimental. I didn't ask what they meant. I also started taking little walks. I kept going outside and walking around the shopping plaza we were in. At one point I walked across the plaza and into Mighty Taco (drunk food of champions), walked up to the front, studied the menu for a couple of minutes, then walked back out.

Eventually I decided I needed to go home. So I started walking. I texted Alfred to let him know, he called me, and that's when I got emotional. I was on the phone with him for the next 18 minutes while I walked, crying my little eyes out, because I was wasted and felt bad leaving. I seem to get very emotional when inebriated. Once Alfred's sister and a couple of her friends came over and I ended up doing a bunch of shots, put myself to bed early, texted Alfred and Katie a bunch, then came back downstairs and spent an hour or so alternating between playing Mario Kart and sobbing uncontrollably. I think because a glass broke. Sometimes I get mad instead and yell. I have a problem. Where was I? Oh yeah, walking home crying. Katie caught up with me right when I got to my parents house and started laughing at me. Next thing I remember it was 3:30am and Alfred was handing me my phone (I should ask him how he got it). He told me the next morning that when he got back I was passed out in bed with my glasses on and the lights blazing. I did manage to take off my eye makeup, take out my contacts, wash my face, and put on my pjs.

I finally got up for the day at 9:15 with a little bitch of a hangover. We had to leave for the airport at 10:30. Luckily I felt much more human by the time we left (15 minutes late) but we had no problems checking in and got home fine. I didn't have time to clean up the bottles and cans like I thought, but hey, you do what you can. Fun times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got to go to mighty taco!! yummmm