Thursday, May 22, 2008

dreams and annoyances

Last night I had a dream that I was in the hospital, and our bedroom was my hospital room. The door was closed and Alfred was outside, and I wanted him to come in, so I started calling his name to get him to come in. Apparently I said his name out loud for real, and woke both of us up. At 4:40. It sucked. Then on my way to the office (I dropped Alfred off to meet his dad) I stopped at Starbucks, and it was freaking closed! What the hell!

I also had a dream last night that I was babysitting for this little boy. The link is for his parents' blog. He's a 4 month old baby with a genetic disease similar to Down's Syndrome in that he has 3 copies of 1 chromosome, but different from Down's in that it's fatal (more fatal than life generally is, anyway). Only half of all babies conceived with this are born alive, and only like 5 or 10% make it to their 1st birthday. (I somehow found a blog for another baby with this condition and have read about several more since. For some reason I read a lot of blogs about sick kids.) Anyway, in my dream he looked totally different but somehow I knew it was him, and Katie kept getting him to laugh. Then he stopped breathing a couple times in my dream. It was weird. And kinda scary cause I thought this baby was going to die in my care.

(By the way, I had a dream last week about someone coming to our house with a gun and getting ready to shoot me in the head. I woke up before he shot. The last time I dreamt about someone shooting me was a few days before Mike was shot. Also weird.)

So now for the annoyances part of my post. This damn order is driving me crazy. Our dealer who placed the order, more specifically. He called yesterday at 4, all frantic because he had a mistake in the order and wanted to know if it had been picked up yet. I called, it hadn't, and they were able to fix the mistake and still have it ready to ship out right away. Which is great, but apparently not good enough for my dealer. He called me again today and was bitching about how the shipping company is going to be late. You'd think he's be appreciative of the fact that they were late and saved his ass from having to pay for a $3000 item he didn't need. He sucks. (The picture is another shot from the house this order is going to. It appears that whole back wall is going to be glass.)

No comments: