Thursday, May 29, 2008

odds and ends

Katie, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to post more goofy pictures of you apparently. I got more comments on that picture than on anything else I've written so far. Thanks for taking one for them team.

So, what do you get when you have 3 19/20 year olds staying with you for a week?


Except for the couple of Red Bull cans on top, those are all from beer. We had an entire second bin full of our other recycling. We looked just like the house of alcoholics down the road this morning.

In other news, Alfred and I hit up the big main library downtown last night. I love libraries. I used to love to go to the stacks in the older libraries at Cornell and just look at all the crazy books they had there. The library near our house now kind of sucks. It makes me kind of sad. But now that I have Alfred's card to this one, and they have a self check out thing, I can go there and explore to my little heart's content, and no one can get suspicious that I'm not named Alfred. Anyway. I checked out a few teaching books, and Alfred checked out like 10 books on house design. He's got a whole station set up at home with the books and sticky notes and a pen so as he goes through them he can mark stuff he likes. I'm getting the feeling this house building process may take longer than we planned.

One last thing. Go look at this website with lots of passive aggressive notes that people submit. I spent a long time Tuesday looking at them and then my computer shut itself down overnight so I had to re-find it today, but I lost my place where I was, and I was several pages in. And I actually have work to do today, so I can't even read them until tomorrow. But you can, and you should. Have fun.

No comments: