Saturday, April 5, 2008

being productive

We woke up at 8 this morning (insanity) and proceeded to have a very productive morning/early afternoon. First we went to the farmer's market about 10 miles from us. We've never been there, and it's not as big as some other ones we've been to, but it was pretty nice. It was apparently Turtle Day so they had a bunch of stuff going on for that, some kids' activities, some guy singing, and a couple of tortoises that were apparently going to race. (Pokey kept hauling ass around his little area, trying to bust out. He found a gap in the fence, but alas, he couldn't fit through. Nona was just eating the grass like it was going out of style. Pokey also stuck his head in Nona's butt, causing the guy behind me to wonder aloud if that's how he got his name. What were tortoises doing at Turtle Day, anyway? But I digress.) There were lots of nice fresh veggies, and cheap too! Check out this haul, only $9.35 for all this. We're going to make stuffed peppers.
We got home by about 11, and for some reason I decided I was in the mood to do some yard work. I wasn't about to argue with myself, so out I went. Since we have so many trees in and around our yard, we have tons of branches and leaves and pine needles around all the time. So I blew off the roof, picked up the branches from the ground, and raked. Doesn't sound like that much now that I'm writing it out, but it took me a couple of hours. This is a vast improvement, believe it or not. You can see our neighbor's perfect yard in this picture, can you imagine how much he hates us? He's going to shit himself when he sees that we actually did some work out there.

No comments: