Monday, April 21, 2008

weekend

My parents have been here since Friday evening, so we had lots of good food this weekend. We made beer can chicken on Saturday, it turned out so moist and delicious and wonderful, I loved it. I forgot to take a picture after they were cooked so here's the before - please enjoy the giblets I accidentally left on the pan. They look so funny sitting up.


Then yesterday, on 4/20, we smoked some pork. He he.


Alfred's parents and brother came over for dinner yesterday too, which was nice. I got to bake some rolls yesterday, which came out pretty good, and some honey oatmeal bread on Saturday, which was awesome! Best bread ever. I can't wait to make it again. I could seriously eat an entire loaf, I think. Totally forgot to take a picture of it, but bread's bread. I also made the black bean brownies, and my dad's been eating them. I almost feel bad not telling him about the beans, but not really.

The other fun thing from yesterday was that Katie caught a kitten! There are tons of cats that just roam our neighborhood, reproducing all the time. This one looks nice and healthy, and it's super cute and tiny. Its name is Jude Squeakers McKittycat. (It has some Irish from its father's side. We can tell because it likes to drink. Ha!) Katie was like the kitten whisperer, it was sort of creeping out from a pile of branches right at the edge of our property (because when we clean up the yard, we dump all the crap in the woods where our property meets the uncleared lot next to us), she just kind of clucked at it and it came right to her. She even went and bought it a bottle and some kitten milk so we could feed it. We were letting it drink out of a tupperware lid, it kept diving in, smearing its face around in it, and basically just getting milk all over itself and whoever was holding it. It's very cute, and surprisingly social considering it's wild. I wish we could keep it, but Alfred and I are both allergic and Katie tried the kitten thing last spring - it didn't work out. She has a friend at work who wants a kitten, so she might have found a home for it already.

No comments: