Thursday, April 24, 2008

happy birthday mom!

Today's my mom's birthday. I'm guessing she didn't notice the link to this blog in the email I put it in, so she never comes here, which is good because she probably wouldn't like this picture. It's from Christmas last year, we all smoked out of the hookah together. It was a good old fashioned family Christmas. How old is she? Old enough to have a 27 year old daughter, that's how old!

I was making her birthday cheesecake last night (pictures will be here tomorrow, of course) and I burned my finger on the oven rack. Stupid. It blew up into a gross looking blister and hurt like a little bitch. It doesn't hurt this morning, but it's still nasty looking. I'll spare you a picture of that. For now. At least the burn is on my middle finger - middle finger injuries are kind of fun, as far as injuries go.

Also worthy to report: my dad caught a crab this morning! He's been going fishing off (what's left of) our dock every morning and hasn't been having much luck, he caught this little guy today though. I thought it was neat.

By the way, do you like my new banner at the top of the page?? I made it myself :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that banner the thing you were being all secretive and working on the other night? Because if so... well I'm sure you know what I'm about to call you =]

T & A said...

You better watch it... I have lots of embarrassing pictures of you :)

Anonymous said...

Love my crab with no itching

Anonymous said...

nNce picture, too bad there was only fruit flavored tobacco in the hookah. At least that's what they told me!