Wednesday, April 30, 2008

blech

I think I have a stomach virus. I started having a stomach ache yesterday a little before lunch. I thought I was just hungry, but it started getting worse about an hour after I ate. Then I started getting chills and feeling nauseous. I was miserable the rest of the day at work. As soon as we got home I just laid in bed for awhile, then spent the rest of the night on the couch, trying to get comfortable. Besides my stomach ache, my lower back was really hurting for some reason, so I kept moving around and adjusting pillows and blankets to try to minimize the pain. I didn't get much sleep; I kept tossing and turning, and when I did fall asleep I would have hallucinating dreams about websites about missing children and bread recipes. Very weird, and not very restful.

I feel a little better today. If I was at maybe 50% yesterday, I'm up to maybe 70% today. I ate a little oatmeal and had some juice for breakfast, which hurt but was probably good for me. It also meant I was able to take an aleve, so my back feels better. And at least I'm just sitting all day, whenever I stand up I get nauseous. But hey, at least I was down a couple pounds this morning! :)

Oh yeah, and my friend had her baby yesterday - it's a boy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better