Saturday, April 26, 2008

day off

No post yesterday because I took the day off! It was my parents' last day here so I played hooky. But first, some pictures of mom's birthday cheesecake. Decoration courtesy of Katie.


The bottom layer is brownie, then a layer of caramel, then a layer of cheesecake. It was gooey and delicious. Luckily we ate most of it already, so there's not much more for me to gorge myself on.


Yesterday we went to Fort Matanzas, which I'd never been to but wanted to go to. I didn't realize it was free, so that was cool. Then afterwards we went to the beach. It was much nicer than last weekend when we tried to go to the beach; then we left after only an hour because it was so cold. We were there for maybe 3 1/2 hours yesterday. I got a little sunburned. I had Katie do sunscreen on my left arm so I didn't have to get sunscreen on my burn wound, and she missed a little patch on my shoulder. You like how I sell her out? I also missed a little spot on the backs of both knees. So that'll be fun until it fades.

Speaking of my burn, the blister popped the other night when I was washing dishes, and it oozed for the next 24 hours. It seems like it's finally dried out this morning and maybe starting to heal now. It still looks disgusting and hurts. I have a band aid tan line on that finger.

We also went out to dinner last night. We walked to the restaurant, so Alfred, Katie, and I each brought along a beer for the road (which my parents did not know until right now). I then burst into the men's room accidentally. Apparently since we've been to that restaurant last, they switched the men's and women's restrooms. Totally not my fault. There was a guy at the urinal, but he had his back to me so he didn't see me, and there was no one else in line at that point. Still pretty embarrassing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh...a beer for the road explains why you walked into the men's room after the beer I bought you. Means that by that time you were at your limit of 2 !!!

T & A said...

To be fair, I walked into the men's room after 3 beers, not 2. And what restaurant changes around the restrooms?!? They're just asking for trouble.