Tuesday, April 22, 2008

what do I want to be when I grow up?

We went to a Chinese place for lunch - how are these for some good fortunes?


Let's hope it's a good unexpected event.

So I'm debating lately what to do with myself next year, job-wise. I could stay where I am, doing something I'm not too crazy about, not making much money, but with lots of flexibility and something I could easily do part time when we have kids to keep making some money. Or I could try to get a teaching job next fall, which would be something I would enjoy (hopefully), use my degree, and make more money, but would totally lose the flexibility I have here, not to mention having to wake up at the butt crack of dawn every morning until we moved up here to get to work on time. I'm looking at getting a teaching job in the county we're hopefully moving to rather than where we live now. I tried that last summer, didn't happen. There are 2 districts up here I would apply to; the one we will (hopefully) live in would be closer and is better to work for, from what I hear; the other is easier to get a job in, but would require more driving (that county is huge, I could potentially be working an hour or more from our house). Also, since it's the city, more chance to be in a tougher school with harder to teach kids. Both counties pay roughly the same. It's not like I hate my job now, I enjoy being able to be lazy and not do much if I don't want to, but it gets boring sometimes. Not to mention demeaning, having to make coffee and answer phones. It's just nothing I ever pictured myself doing. However, if I stay here I can also focus on building up the made-to-order bakery business I've sort of started.

SO, I made a poll - vote on my life-altering decision please! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy! Apply for teaching jobs, see what happens, and give yourself options! DO IT! I am going to vote repeatedly:)

Anonymous said...

You know you're addicted to voting when:

Comment #1 from holeloswiftarrow

Should have been more options, not great.