Tuesday, April 1, 2008

we're going to MN!

The big news of the day is: we bought tickets to go to Minnesota! Yay! It's about damn time! Last year we went up over Memorial Day weekend to visit when Mike was on leave and had a great time. We drank a lot. Played lots of Uno. So a couple months ago I emailed my siblings trying to figure out a weekend this spring that would work for all of us. Between Mike and Tony both having military things all the time, and us having such a lively social life (I think we had 2 whole weekends we were busy, we're in pretty high demand) it was really, really hard to pin down a weekend. I think there were 3 between February and May that worked. Eventually I had to admit defeat. So Alfred and Katie and I are flying up to visit in a couple weeks, and Mike is going another weekend. 3 out of 4 is better than nothing, I guess. And, bonus - since Katie will be there, we have a built in DD! Score! Plus, we're still planning on going to visit Mike in Hawaii this summer, so I guess that will have to do. This picture is from my last trip to Hawaii. Maybe this time we'll see more than the base, the hospital, and the ABC stores within a 2 block radius of our hotel. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What on earth happened to your brother's knee??