Monday, September 15, 2008

Alfred's birthday celebration weekend

I love getting all these comments! I feel so popular. :) Yes, the tiramisu was delicious. I mean like super delicious. And there wasn't even any chocolate in it. So you know it must have been good.

We had a good weekend, Saturday was fun with Alfred's birthday party. We had an awesome meal at his parents' house: ceviche with red snapper and scallops, caesar salad with steak and shrimp, and of course the tiramisu. It was great. We ate at about 3:00 and didn't even need dinner, we were so stuffed. We all got to dress up like Superman, and Robyn bought these little potato guns that you stabbed into a potato then shot the little potato nugget out. They were really fun, we all had little starchy spots on our clothes from shooting each other. And there were about 10 pounds of potato bits on the porch afterwards.

Sunday we went over to his parents' house again to watch the Bills/Jaguars game. That game is always fun, because of course I root for the Bills while everyone else is rooting for the Jaguars. It's even better when Buffalo wins, like they did yesterday! So I have bragging rights for another year. Not that I really follow football all that much anymore, but it's still fun. Plus I got pizza and wings, and we finished the tiramisu.

The other thing that happened this weekend is that gas went up. Stupid Ike. It went up from 25 to more than 60 cents a gallon at different stations. Luckily I had heard that it was supposed to go way up and got it on Saturday morning, by Saturday evening it had already gone up and some places had actually run out. So that sucks.

One last thing: happy first anniversary to Rosemary and Greg!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

eeeek--happy belted to Alfred! I am seriously starting to get jealous about the foods you blog about, and I have a damn good chef at home! *Sigh* you're living the life.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just saw this! thanks for the anniversary shout out! :)