Monday, September 8, 2008

weekend dog

We had a dog this weekend, a black lab. His name was Sam. He belongs to Billy, or Billy's son really, and he came along with the house this weekend. I forgot to take a picture of him though, unfortunately. So you get scenery pictures today instead. The first and third ones are from North Carolina, and the middle one is from Blue Spring, where Katie did her dive certification.

Sam is a good dog. He didn't jump up on me, for one thing. He also went and got the paper in the morning. It was awesome, it was like something out of a movie. He didn't do it for me the first morning, but that was because I tried to make him work before he had breakfast. He couldn't be bothered. He also liked to go swimming, Alfred was swimming one morning and Sam jumped in with him and swam a couple of laps, then got back out. I was sitting outside with him in the afternoon and in between running after a toy I was throwing for him, he just went into the pool and cooled off. It was cute. He also couldn't go anywhere without a toy in his mouth. His favorite was a squirrel. He didn't make me want a dog, though. The food smells too gross.

We also played with the rhino this weekend. Alfred worked on cutting a couple of trails through the back of his parents' property. We managed to break a couple of things on it though, so it needs to be fixed before we can really take it out again.

In other news, I did my first tour at the museum last week. The first since I've been back, anyway. It's just like riding a bike, it all came right back to me. The teacher and parents were asking if I ever taught before. Too bad I can't get all of the teachers that come to the museum to vouch for me to principals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe no one said anything about that last picture, that is one freakin' neat picture with the flower and the bee. You can be my photographer any day. I mean, you're not quite up to the numbers Mercedes can put up, but they're definitely up there in quality :)