Monday, September 8, 2008

baby/book club, and When Roaches Attack

Last night was my book club. Those of us without kids are pretty outnumbered by this point, although only 2 babies were along for the evening. Plus one fetus. One of the babies was the one who was born the day after last month's book club. He was so tiny, so cute. Dang, I want a damn kid.

So I was apparently a roach magnet today. I killed a total of 4 roaches throughout the day. #1 was in the house this morning, I just squashed it and then flushed it. Pretty straight forward. #2 was in my office, on the windowsill. I smashed it and then tried to feed it to Marc Anthony. He wasn't interested. I guess he likes to kill them himself. #3 was in the store. It was freaking huge. I mean, gigantic. Like 3 or 4 inches long. I couldn't step on it, it would have been like stepping on a small child. So I sprayed him with some bleach, waited for a few minutes, then scooped him up (still alive) and dumped him in the toilet. He drowned. #4 was interesting. I was plunging one of the toilets outside and thought I saw a roach swimming around in the bowl. I thought I was imagining it, until I lifted the plunger and the damn thing was trying to crawl out to save its own life. Obviously I dunked him back in and flushed. Luckily the toilet didn't overflow (plumbing is one of those neat things I get to add to my resume thanks to the museum) and the roach joined his buddies in the sewer. I guess he was hanging out in the plunger and I just killed him coincidentally. He deserved it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I prefer your cooking blogs!