Tuesday, September 30, 2008

work stuff

I forgot to mention that yesterday was sort of a big day at work. We had our annual homeschool day, which I sort of created a couple of years ago. It went really, really well. We made a bunch of money, which is pretty helpful. And everyone really seemed to enjoy it, which is good. Always nice when the customers aren't pissed off. I bought subs for lunch for all of the employees that were working the whole day. Then I found out that one of the guides was meeting a friend for lunch and taking the sub home for dinner. That kind of annoyed me. I wasn't buying her damn dinner! And then she had the nerve to say she was going to tack on an extra 10 minutes on her time card to cover the time it took her to clean up. Even though she spent the last 15 minutes of the day talking, when she should have been cleaning up. This is one of the people I did not miss when I was gone.


Also, we interviewed a girl to replace Cathy today. I'm really hopeful that we can hire her. She seems really great, plus we kind of really need someone. The owners finally talked to Cathy and told her she wasn't coming back to the museum, but they phrased it more as they were giving her a promotion and keeping her at the main office, where she's been all summer. On Friday at Claude's (did I mention I went to Claude's on Friday? Cause I did, and it was delicious) she was saying that she was worried she was going to lose her job, since they hadn't mentioned her coming back to the museum. So hopefully she's happy with her new position and everything works out. Eh, what do most of you care? Let's end on a more entertaining note:


I know, not my best effort, but it will have to do.

No comments: