Tuesday, September 23, 2008

workin' gal

I totally planned to photoshop my head onto some farm girl's body, but when you do a google image search for "farm girl" they're all cartoons or sluts. I'm far too classy for that. So instead you get this. I call it Tracy Drinking a Fruity Drink while Looking Rather Fruity Herself. Fourth of July 2006, baby. I swear.
I wanted to wear jeans to work today, so I decided today would be my chore day. There was a bunch of stuff to do outside to get ready for groups, which start next week, so since it was supposed to be cooler out (the high was only in the low 80s) I figured today was as good a day as any. I was mainly planning on doing some cleaning and taking off the canvas roof in the picnic area, which got torn up by tropical storm Fay. As it turned out, it was a good thing I spent most of the day outside, because all 3 of the computers in the office decided to implode, so our computer guy was there all day trying to fix them. He got one working, at the desk with the non-working phone, unfortunately. So I have to use the computer at one desk and the phone at another. Neither of which is my desk. But I digress. Not that my original story had much of a point. Anyway, I ended up spending most of the day outside, getting dirty and sweaty and covered in hay dust, which left me stuffy for the rest of the day. I brought some stuff home to wash, then have to bring it all back and restuff it with hay (they're sacks of hay. Hence the hay dust and restuffing). I also managed to destroy the canvas roof as planned, stepping in multiple piles of wet cement on my quest for a ladder. Luckily most of it came right out of my shoes, and I'll probably hose them off better later this week. I was far too lazy/tired tonight to bother, plus I'm going to wear them to work outside again this week so I figure I'll just mess them up again anyway. Yikes, this is long and pointless. Time for a picture!

Alfred, representing old school. That's from January 2002, baby. Amsterdam. I can't imagine why we were in a Burger King. I've got so many good old pictures I should post someday. I haven't done an embarassing picture day in awhile. By the way, I can't tell if those are the glasses he still wears. Actually I think they're not, because his now have paint chipped off of the frames. Do you think this will embarass him into getting new ones? I'm gonna guess no.

No comments: