Thursday, September 25, 2008

embarassing pictures: Europe edition

Posting that picture of us from our Europe trip back in 2002 the other day made me want to look through all those pictures again. So I did. And, luckily for all of you, I decided to post a bunch tonight. Please enjoy this little trip down memory lane. Obviously no meaningful or memorable shots, or any nice scenery, mainly just us looking goofy. As usual.

First up: Madrid. Apparently I used to get embarassed by Alfred's incessant need for strange pictures. Ok, I still do at times. But he doesn't seem to take them as much these days. Thank God.

Anyway, the most memorable part of our time in Madrid was when we took a nap on our last day there, got up and packed to leave the hotel at about 3pm and got yelled at by the hotel owner for leaving and not paying for that last day. We played dumb and just left. Poor guy. I'd say we did our part in perpetuating the rude American stereotype. Really, it was more ignorance than rudeness on our part. Oh, and there was this really yummy restaurant next to our hotel that we went to a bunch. I especially like the guy on the left side of the picture wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

Next up: Barcelona. I was grumpy and refused to pose for this picture, but Alfred was obviously having a great time.

He also managed to bond with some locals.

We apparently had a special connection with McDonald's while in Marseille. I do remember eating there and at Burger King far too often on that trip overall. Each country had its own special burger. It was a very educational trip.


Ah, Amsterdam. Talk about educational. We learned about 2 very important parts of life there: beer and sex.













No, I don't have pictures of us in any other museum. Well, ok, some from the Anne Frank house. So I guess we learned about religious persecution as well. But nothing else. Really.
And the ever popular Paris. At least this one has a historic landmark in the background.
The more time I spend looking at pictures and working on this post, the more pictures I include. And every time I upload a new one I have to fix all the spacing. I only have this problem with Alfred's computer. Too bad he takes away the work laptop for days on end. He's not home again tonight. He's sort of stalking this girl at the new gym he just started going to. Her name is Amy. I hope she's at least cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was clicking on the pictures & saving them (the ones of me) thats why it looks like I came to the site like 40 times.