Wednesday, October 8, 2008

food and work, a.k.a. I have no life

You can tell I'm back on the wagon because all I'm writing about (and thinking about) is food. I've hauled myself back onto the eating-well-wagon because now that I'm not going to the gym anymore, I have definitely noticed a difference in my body, and not one for the better. The little muscles I worked so hard on are shrinking. I miss them already. We should have gone to the beach more this summer. Stupid job, making me work a full 40+ hours a week.

I just watched an episode of Good Eats about making bread. Now I totally want to go bake a loaf of bread. Go figure. All that flour is just sitting in my freezer, waiting to be baked into delicious little bites of carb-laden heaven. Sigh. Actually I may have used all of that giant bag of flour we bought, I can't remember if there's any left in the freezer. But still. There's some in the pantry at least, begging to be made into something tasty and fulfilling, like cinnamon rolls. If I were to have visitors I would bake them some delicious cinnamon rolls. Ahem.

Ah, the good old days. When we were fat, dumb and happy, and ate whatever the hell we wanted. And weighed more and were less healthy, of course. I don't really look any different in this picture but I was definitely sucking in my stomach. And all the health consciousness keeps me from turning into this (gratuitous photoshop usage ahead):

But that would be so much easier. Sigh. (by the way, Katherine, I don't think walking in snow is as good for you as walking in sand. I think the cold shuts down your metabolism or something, I'm pretty sure it's a scientific fact. Also I've developed a severe snow allergy. Sorry!)
Ok, onto something that won't make me hungry, but will make me mad instead: venting about work! I had a teacher call me today and tell me that I booked her for the wrong dates. This is kind of a big deal, because she had already set up the busses and planned out the rest of her field trips for the year. The thing is, I didn't mess it up. She did. I know because I took notes during our conversation and those notes were right there for me to look at today when she called. I had listed several possible dates, she picked 3 in a row in December, but now she says she had picked 1 each in October, November, and December. The dates she thought she had were dates that I offered her, but she ruled one out because the start time would have been later, which she said she could not do, which I wrote down in the aforementioned notes, thus proving that she decided against that date and I WAS NOT WRONG! Ugh, I was SO frustrated about this. Because of course I can't blame her and tell her she made the mistake, I had to apologize and take the blame and apologize some more and try to fix it. Unfortunately since she took 2 freaking weeks to look at her paperwork and realize the dates were different, other schools have since taken the dates she wanted. Double fuck up on her part, really. I was really extremely angry about this for a good portion of the day. Well, now that I'm thinking about it I'm mad all over again, actually. I do my job well, dammit! I hate having to take the blame when I know I'm not wrong.
I'm not sure what's worse, writing about nothing but food or nothing but work. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

No comments: