Monday, October 27, 2008

heh heh, I said duty

I did my civic duty today: I voted! I had to leave work early for a doctor appointment and left a little earlier than I needed to so that I'd have time to stop and vote. It's kind of funny, I waited longer today, at 3:30 on a Monday afternoon for early voting, than I ever have to vote at my actual polling place on an actual election day. Weird. I wanted to try to vote early because by the time I get home from work on election day I know I'm going to be tired and not want to deal with waiting in line. I'm sure anyone who knows me can guess who I voted for. There was also an amendment against gay marriage, I voted against it (as in for the possibility of gay marriage) but it's not like there's any chance of it not passing in this crazy ass state.

I also hit up Michael's and Target on my way home. I could spend hours in Michael's. There were these really cute Christmas ornament place setting thingies that I almost bought, since we're having Christmas dinner at our house this year, but then I remembered that we don't really do assigned seating (we're planning on a mroe casual barbecue again) so I managed to stop myself. I did decide to start a new project, it's a baby gift for friends of ours who are having a baby this spring. I'm not sure if they know about this blog or ever read it, I don't think so but just to be safe I'm not going to mention what it is until I give it to her. How's that for some intrigue? I bet Lindsay can guess what it is.

Oh, I almost forgot to recap our fancy weekend meals: we had pumpkin and sausage soup for dinner on Saturday (good, but when we make it again I'm going to change it a bit to improve it) with some sweet potato custard for dessert (would have been better if I had halved the salt and nutmeg along with the rest of the recipe. yeah, oops), blueberry cottage cheese pancakes (with homemade cottage cheese, surprisingly good considering how weird the batter looked) and sweet potato pancakes (made using some of the aforementioned custard, they were ok) for breakfast on Sunday, then for dinner Sunday we made a chicken pot pie (I've been wanting to make one for ages and finally got to, we made it totally from scratch and it was damn good. Possibly the best crust I've ever made).

2 comments: