Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a belly full of taco

We had a little mini adventure tonight. We went to go look at a freezer to store the quarter of a cow that we're getting sometime in the next couple of weeks. It turned out that the couple who was selling the freezer owns a taco shop right next to the farmers market that we go to when we're home on the weekend and not lazy. So we stopped there for dinner and are now stuffed to the brim with tacos. And a burrito and a "mexicake." It was all really good. It's too bad it's not within walking distance of our house, because it would be perfect on a Saturday night after we've been boozing for awhile. Man, we drink a lot. And right now I could pass for about 4 months pregnant. But now we have a cool little local place we can go to down here, so that's neat. Real neat. It actually worked out well, because when I put everything in the crockpot this morning for our stew I apparently neglected to plug it in, so we didn't have a nice hot dinner ready for us when we got home, like we were supposed to. (By the way, when you do a google image search for "taco girl" the results aren't nearly as dirty as you might think. Also, I think I want to be a taco for halloween. I wish we had a party to go to. Or kids to take trick or treating. This paranthetical aside has gone on long enough I think.)

I love tacos. I also love pizza. And hamburgers. I love a lot of basic sorts of foods. Alfred and I had a conversation the other night about our very favorite desserts in the entire world, and it was really tough to narrow it down. I picked my top 5, then top 3, and I think if forced I could pick 1, but man, it's tough. Try it. If you could only eat 1 dessert for the rest of your life, what would it be? By the way, my top 5 were blueberry pie, my mom's warm chocolate chip cookies, flourless chocolate cake, twice baked chocolate cake, and some sort of super chocolatey ice cream with chunks, like Ben and Jerry's chocolate fudge brownie, maybe. I like that 3 of those have been mentioned in this blog. It's also interesting (or not) that there's no raspberry or cheesecake items in there. Although it may be even more interesting that I included something that wasn't chocolate. Mmm, I love pie. Gosh, I love food. I could never be anorexic. I wish I still had my teenage metabolism. Stupid calories.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

a) calories blow
b) your pic reminds me of this restaurant Jev and I pass on the bus on the way home from the cheaper grocery store--"One Taco Two Taco Three Taco More, One Tequila Two Tequila Three Tequila Floor"

Anonymous said...

Awww, I feel honored to have made your top 5! Call me 20 minutes before you get here for Thankgsgiving, a comment like that deserves warm & fresh waiting at the front door!!!