Monday, October 6, 2008

lazy sunday, and saturday

We had a very lazy weekend, which was awesome. I love sitting on my ass for days on end. I left the house twice: once to go grocery shopping, and once to water my azaleas. Both times were on Sunday, I didn't venture outside once on Saturday. Again, awesome. Alfred did some chores around the house but was nice enough to let me be lazy. I was kind of cranky/not feeling great too, so I guess it probably worked in his favor anyway. In honor of my laziness, I am posting 2 pictures of nature-type things. This spider lived on our front porch for a long time. He's gone now. Oh, and I saw a big green snake in our yard yesterday. Scared the crap out of me, I had just put the hose back and was going into the house and there he was, stretched out right across where I was about to walk. I scared him too, he slithered under the house. I wonder if he's friends with Our Friend, the Black Snake. He probably is. They have us in common, at least.

Our crockpot has been getting a good workout the past couple of days. We made split pea soup in it today, which was pretty delicious, and tomorrow we're going to make a lamb stew. It's so nice to come home and have dinner all ready to go. It's especially nice to get all the prep work done ahead of time when Alfred's here to help. I've been getting home before him and making dinner myself a lot lately, so it's been fun to cook together again. We played Iron Chef on Saturday night, I made ham rolls and he made ham cakes (like crab cakes, but with ham). Guess what the secret ingredient was. We had to squeeze in lots of domesticity, because we're house sitting for a week and a half starting this weekend. I'll probably be coming home most weeknights, but I don't exactly cook much for myself when I'm eating dinner alone. And Mike is planning on visiting again this weekend. Unfortunately I have to work Saturday and possibly Sunday, although I'm doing my best to get out of it on Sunday. I'm making the new girl work both days, so maybe I'll just be really mean and make her work by herself on Sunday. We'll see, I guess.

No comments: