Monday, October 13, 2008

happy birthday Katie! and Mike's visit, part 1: animals

Katie-friend, not Katie-sister. Not only is today her birthday, but she got engaged this weekend! Her fiance flew over and surprised her (he's from Germany, and they met in Australia. Such a worldly couple). I'd say it's been a good birthday weekend for her. Happy birthday, Katie!!

Mike came to visit again this weekend, he's been here since Friday night and is leaving tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. It occurred to me, as I was looking through my pictures from the weekend so far, that he's been quite the little animal charmer this weekend. We spent yesterday at Alfred's parents' house, so he got to feed the raccoons.

He actually had one eat out of his hand. Kind of disgusting, if you ask me, but hey. He was excited.

Today he and Alfred came to visit me at work (they even took me out to lunch!) When I went in this morning, Marc Anthony (the chicken) was limping really badly and one of his spurs was torn. I made him an appointment for 5:00, since I had a school there all day, and Alfred and Mike offered to take him earlier for me, so I wouldn't be stuck at work so late. The two of them chased him out of hiding, caught him, and we put him in a garbage can for transport.


They brought him back 2 hours later, down 1 more spur and with bloodier feet. But apparently he's all healthy. And Mike got to make a joke about taking him to KFC and threatening him if he didn't behave. So that's good.

I happen to be smack in the middle of a power hour right now, but that's another post entirely. Stay tuned tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yessss! I get a shout out on the blog! My week has officially been made. :) Hope you had a nice time with your brother!

Anonymous said...

really?! THAT's what makes your week :)