Thursday, October 30, 2008

I'm full of oj

Alfred and I have both had colds for the last couple of days. It sucks. Hopefully we feel better tomorrow, because we're planning to go over to Ilya and Mercedes' house and have a little Halloween party. I bought a $3 clown wig at Walmart and everything. I always want to hand out candy to kids, but we never get any trick or treaters at our house, I guess cause we're so far back from the street. Or because our neighborhood is full of a bunch of jerks. Although we never got trick or treaters at the apartment either, and we were right on the street there. We even bought candy when we lived there, and then got stuck eating it all ourselves. Not that that was so bad, of course. But that probably contributed to the whole needing to lose weight thing.

I've also been trying to convince Alfred that Halloween is a great reason to have kids. We're too old to get dressed up and go trick or treating ourselves, so clearly we need a child to do it with. So far, no luck. Too bad, cause then we could have our own little cat and Darth Vader.

When I was in high school I spent a semester interning at an emergency room. It was a quiet hospital and was kind of boring, though. I was there the night of the hospital Halloween party and got to help out with it instead of staying in the ER. That night I decided that I wanted to spend the rest of my life celebrating Halloween with little kids. It was so much fun. Of course, that hasn't exactly panned out, but it did point me in the direction of working with children. Neat, huh?

No comments: