Wednesday, October 22, 2008

work junk

I worked until 10:00 last night. That's why there was no blog, in case you were wondering. I'm sure everyone was devastated. It kind of sucked, especially because I ordered dinner from IHOP and they got rid of my favorite salad. I was 15 minutes late picking up my dinner, because of an issue with lights, then a kid had an asthma attack and I ended up having to sit in the store with him and a teacher for the rest of the night, so I had to eat half of my dinner 2 hours after I got it. But it could have been worse. Our group for today canceled so I got to sleep in until 6:50 this morning. Bitchin.

I got bitched out at work today by a woman that I just offered a job to. Apparently we pay slave wages, she's worth twice what I offered her, she doesn't take prescription drugs or do cocaine so she shouldn't have to do a drug test, and we have no standards because all of our existing guides are constantly giving incorrect information. I got an earful for a good 10-15 minutes, then she finally left once she realized I wasn't falling all over myself to offer her the salary she wanted. So that was fun.

We're watching Kath and Kim right now, it's kind of crappy. We weren't sure after watching the first one, but I think the second one has sealed the deal. It's not overtly awful, I don't think, I'm not really sure to be honest. I'm sort of doing three things at a time and can't fully concentrate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, for one, missed your blog yesterday. And I agree with your review of Kath & Kim, it does kinda suck.

Anonymous said...

The American Kath & Kim blows. The Australian (original) version, however, is so funny!