Wednesday, March 26, 2008

bad luck

I had all sorts of unfortunate things happen yesterday. First, I went to buy plane tickets to go to MN and the prices had gone up by freaking $80 apiece! From the day before! So waiting 24 hours would cost us $160. Sucks. So now I'm not sure when we're going or what's happening, which sucks because we had just finally managed to nail down a date and pick exact flights. Back to the drawing board. So frustrating!

Second, my computer will no longer turn on. It worked fine Monday night, Tuesday evening it won't respond at all. I'm hoping it's coincidence, and not that Alfred is systematically destroying or getting rid of my things when I do something to piss him off. First we sell my car, then my computer breaks. Whatever it was, I'm sorry! :)

Third, (this was technically this morning, but it can still count) I was at my lowest weight in about a year Saturday morning. I've gained 3 pounds since. Not that much, but considering it took almost a month to lose those 3 pounds, it's kind of discouraging.

But luckily I had this last night to cheer me up:


Seriously, the most delicious cake ever. (no wonder I gained 3 pounds, right?) It's a really dense fudgey cake, not a normal fluffy frosting type cake, very rich and chocolatey. You don't need a very big piece. Coming from me, that says a lot. I made some ganache to pour on top, which was really good, and some whipped cream, which was not really necessary but still ok. The recipe for the cake is here if you're interested. I highly recommend it.

No comments: