Friday, March 14, 2008

rock stars and other random information

We go to the gym twice a week now. It's the gym Alfred started going to for physical therapy for his back, and it was cheaper for both of us to get a membership than for him to pay for each therapy session, so now we both go. Usually it's pretty empty in the morning, maybe 3-5 people other than us and the staff, and it's usually older people who aren't in very good shape. It's all people there for therapy, after all. So we feel pretty good when we're able to lift weights and do squats and stuff because we're the youngest and most fit people there. Well, this morning there was a police officer in there, and he put us to shame. He was there when we got there, and still there when we left an hour and 15 minutes later. He was just lifting weights like crazy, doing machines, making us all look ridiculous. He spent the entire time we warmed up on one leg machine, using all the weight. I was kind of in awe. When he walked past me into the weight room, he smiled and said hi - I felt like I had just met a rock star! Alfred said I should have flashed him. I should have asked him to sign my ass or something. The one girl who works there kept flirting with him. As exciting as it was to have such a celebrity in our midst, I prefer when we're alone with the old folks. If I wanted to see people in great shape, I'd go to a regular gym.

In other news, I'm all alone in the office today. Everyone else is out of town or out looking at lots. So I'm listening to music and blogging. And, since Alfred complained about the lack of pictures yesterday, using my camera! So, here's what I look at all day:

Notice the important looking spreadsheet on my computer. Yes, I put that up on purpose just for the picture. And that's my family calendar in the wall, the one where my name is misspelled for our anniversary. Now for a view of my office from the door:

Kind of boring, huh? At least my flowers still look nice! I want to get a plant but I'd probably just kill it. There's also 2 chairs next to the door that I couldn't get into the picture. I need them for all the important meetings I have.

This is my old desk, before I moved up in the world:

It used to be covered with a bunch of my crap. I didn't have any drawers or anything so all my stuff was all over the table. Now I'm marginally more organized. But lonely. Alfred and I used to share an office, we used to make paper airplanes and throw them over the divider at each other. Good times. But in my current office my computer screen doesn't face the door, so if someone comes in I have time to hide whatever I've been doing and make it look like I'm working. So it's not all bad in here. Anyway, here's what Alfred's desk looks like on the other side of that divider:

Now he's got a lot of crap. He's also got a gift basket that we got for Christmas in there. We already ate all the good stuff out of it (and drank the wine).

I also just ran out to the car to get the protein bar I brought for my post workout breakfast. It's kind of cold and rainy out. Weather.com says it's 61. Yes, when you live in Florida 61 is kind of cold.

P.S. The song that just came up on pandora is called "gigolos get lonely too." Who knew?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Tracy had to remove my first comment, I can't spell, nor speak English.. Here's what I meant to say:

To be fair, my filing system is a theory I like to call "organized chaos." It might not work for a lot of people but it works for me.

T & A said...

But now I look more popular with more comments!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone else actually read your blog?

I mean who wouldn't want to see pictures of your "way cool" office and stuff?

I suggest that you guys may want to look at getting a hobby. Might I suggest basket weaving...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, that last comment sounded kind of harsh. I didn't mean it like that.

Please don't stop blogging on account of me and my dumb comments....

T & A said...

What do you mean, does anyone else read this? Check out that counter, man. I've got some impressive stats. Never mind that half of those visits are probably me... and don't worry, you won't stop me that easily :)

Anonymous said...

Ya know when I first read the title, I was thinking rock star was going to be something more impressive then just a police officer who could lift a lot of weight... then realizing who the blogger was, I should have known better.

Anonymous said...

dear tracy, i miss you and alf. and katie of course.

ps. my birthday is week from today!

<3 other catie! =)