Wednesday, March 12, 2008

another food post


Dinner last night was so good. We ate the meatloaf and bread that we made the other day, as well as some coleslaw (a different recipe than the other day). Seriously, the most delicious meal ever. The picture doesn't do it justice.

Then Katie and I made a huge mess in the kitchen and decorated our cookies from the other night. We only had green, blue, and yellow food coloring, so we were limited a bit, but I think they came out cute. Just assume that all the cookies that actually look good were decorated by her; the ones that look like a little kid was helping, were mine. Katie used to work in a bakery so she's semi-professional. She tried to teach me some tricks but I kept getting impatient. We did have a rose making workshop after the cookies were done, and I made one that slightly resembled a rose, but that's it. I'll just stick to the baking for now. As for the cookies themselves... the chocolate ones were too hard, and the butter ones were a little too floury and not flavorful enough. I'll have to work on that.

Also, I need to come up with a name for a baked goods/candy company. Any ideas from the 5 of you that read this? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you made us re-do the one cookie.. I still like how it looked when you got bored and scribbled all over it haha