Monday, March 10, 2008

"thank god she's gone" says my standing mixer

Busy weekend for my new mixer. We can now add:


White wheat bread. This was super delicious. A couple of friends stopped by our house on their way home to Tampa and brought some homemade strawberry jam, which we of course promptly put on the bread. So good.


Dinner last night: freshly ground hamburgers and spicy cole slaw with freshly chopped cabbage, both prepared with the mixer, of course. The cole slaw was a little spicy for me, since I'm a wuss, but the burgers were awesome.

I also made blueberry cobbler, which I forgot to take a picture of before we devoured it for breakfast yesterday; meatloaf, which I will take a picture of once we bake it; and 2 kinds of cutout cookies, which are far too ugly to take pictures of. I wanted to experiment with Easter cookies, so I made a batch of chocolate cookies and regular butter cookies. I didn't have an actual cutout to use so I just cut out egg shapes with a knife. Didn't work so well, but Alfred and Katie were highly entertained. Katie and I are going to decorate them tomorrow night using the piping set she got me for Christmas. I'll probably post a picture of them then, when the gorgeous frosting job makes up for the hideous cutout job.

In other news, I went out with a couple of friends on Saturday night and had a really fun time. We went to Claude's for some chocolate, then to a little Mexican place for some fish tacos, then three - count 'em, THREE - bars! Party animals! Don't worry, we left by 11, and I only had 2 drinks. Then I came home to 2 drunken fools playing Mario Kart. But I had a great time with Lindsay and Allison. They're some fun gals.

No comments: