Friday, March 7, 2008

last night

We had our second anniversary dinner last night with Alfred's parents. They made a huge delicious Mexican feast, with a yummy chocolate cake that I was in charge of cutting. The pieces were a little uneven, I ended up with a slab that probably weighed about half a pound. Totally on accident, I swear. Our first anniversary dinner was at a restaurant that happened to have an all-you-can-eat crab leg special that night, so we both had that. Also delicious.

I called Ella last night to wish her a happy birthday, but she was far too busy opening presents to talk on the phone. So I talked to my brother for awhile, and my nephew (who's 3 1/2) for a few minutes. I asked Mason if he had a yummy dinner and he didn't answer right away, then I hear my brother in the background, "she can't see you nod your head buddy." He's too damn cute.

The most important development of last night was our gift from Max and Robyn - a Kitchen Aid standing mixer! I am so pumped. All I've wanted to do today is go home and bake some bread. I found a recipe for white wheat bread, which is Alfred's favorite, so I think I'm going to make that this weekend. I've also decided that I want to start my own business now, but that's a story for another day I think.

No comments: