Sunday, March 16, 2008

busy weekend

Man, I get all these new readers and then skip a day posting. I'm a terrible person.

Yesterday was kind of crazy. We spent Friday night in Jacksonville at Ilya and Mercedes' house so we could drink and play Uno. Yesterday morning I left to go to a funeral for a guy I used to work with (he was only 60, very sad), and Alfred stayed and worked on some website stuff with Ilya. On my way back I stopped at a couple stores to buy lots of candy and decorating stuff, then we hung out at their house for awhile before we left. We had to stop at Walmart and Sears on our way home, so I was crammed into my seat with a billion things around me, then we took our 8 mile walk when we got home. By the time we were done with that it was 8, so we had dinner and got to work making things. We practiced making molding chocolate (we tried painting the first batch with some colored white chocolate but it took way too long), I guess I should have broken off the extra chocolate from the sides for the picture. Oh well. We also made some new cookie cutout dough to try, and caramel for the chocolates. I've got way more stuff to make today. My mixer's going to be busy!

So. Have you ever wanted a new delicious type of grilled cheese to try? No? Too bad! We found this recipe from Emeril I believe, it's super yummy. Mix equal parts of cream cheese and marscapone cheese and use that as the cheese filling, then grill the sandwich like normal. It gets all gooey and delicious. I buy 8 ounce tubs of each cheese and use about a quarter of it for 2 sandwiches. We had them for breakfast this morning. Yes those are with 2 different types of bread.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man I missed out on my favorite sandwhich! Stupid Coach!!

Anonymous said...

No wonder you guys have to walk 8 miles per day. Look at all the stuff you bake.