Sunday, March 23, 2008

I have an azalea!

Robyn has a whole bunch of azaleas in her yard, and they look so pretty all in bloom right now. I mentioned how much I liked them, and we got one for Easter! So as soon as we got home I planted it in the back of the house. It looks a little lonely right now, but let's not get too crazy yet. We'll see how long I can keep it alive. I have the least green thumb ever. We had an aloe plant kill itself once. The leaves got too heavy or something and it literally weighed itself down and pulled itself apart. I guess it just couldn't handle living with us any longer. I've also killed a little pot of sunflowers I got for my birthday. The seeds sprouted fine, but I guess I should have transplanted them into a bigger pot because all 3 little plants have died. I have however managed to keep the plant that I got for my birthday alive. I keep it on the kitchen windowsill so I see it and remember to water it every day. It must be very, very resilient.

I wish we had a nice yard with a nice lawn and pretty plants around, but it's just so much work. We're lucky if we clean up all the branches and mow the lawn twice a year. The last time we mowed it, there were weeds taller than I am. Which is why 1 plant is going to be an achievement!

No comments: