Friday, July 25, 2008

batman!

We saw The Dark Knight last night. I really liked it. I was trying not to expect too much because of all the hype, so that I wouldn't be disappointed, and I really did enjoy it. It was 2 and a half hours long and I was actually a little disappointed when it ended. Good action scenes, no slow parts where you wonder why they kept it in the movie. Batman's voice is kind of annoying, and there were a few parts that were just completely unbelievable, but overall it was good. As I was walking out and checking my phone, I had a text from Mike saying "if you haven't seen the dark knight yet go see it."

It did make me sad to see Heath Ledger. He was just so vibrant and alive, it's so sad that he was so stupid. Yeah, they said that he died from an accidental overdose, but he did have quite a few drugs in his body, and from what I had read prior to his death he was no stranger to illegal drugs, either. Too bad, cause he was damn good looking (well, and talented, and a father, and all that. It's not too bad just because he was hot). I don't know about the whole Oscar thing, but he did play a very good psychopath. I thought he did a great job.

My mind was apparently very invested in the movie, because I had multiple dreams involving Batman last night. One of them was that I was buying a car that was connected to Batman somehow, like it had special Batman mileage I think, and I actually got up out of bed because I had to do something at the foot of the bed. It woke both me and Alfred up, at the time I knew exactly what I was doing and I think I tried to explain it to him, but gradually realized it was a dream and that it made no sense. Weird.

No comments: