Wednesday, July 9, 2008

two stories and a link

This happened last week as we were driving to the office. Alfred was driving, and all of a sudden slammed on the brakes and went from about 40mph to about 20.

me: What are you doing?
Alfred: It's a school zone.
me: Um, school's not in...
Alfred: Oh yeah, it's the weekend.
me: No, it's Wednesday.
(we laugh)
Alfred: Right, I forgot. I guess I got confused because they just put that flashing light in at that intersection.
me: (laughing) No they didn't, it's always been there!


The other funny thing is my dream the other night. I was dreaming that I was in the car and Alfred was loading a tray of food in at my feet. The food started to slide off the tray, so I leaned forward really fast to catch it before it hit the floor. I also apparently leaned forward in real life, because I woke myself up and was sitting straight up in bed. It took me a good 10 seconds to figure out where the hell I was. It was like something out of a movie, except I wasn't having a nightmare. Weird.

And 1 last thing. This video is funny, especially to an old married woman like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW that easily could've been a video made by you and alfred, or the two of you along with Ilya and Mercedes... no offense guys =]