Wednesday, July 23, 2008

it's official

I'm going back to the museum. (I had big plans to post a picture of myself in my costume today, but this morning Alfred's computer wasn't on so I couldn't get to our pictures to copy one onto my laptop. Like how I blame him? Instead you get this awesome picture of me getting eaten by a hippo at Busch Gardens, please enjoy my pasty white legs.) I met with my former/future bosses last night and worked out all the details. I got everything I wanted, with the slight exception of my old company car. So now we have to buy a car. As soon as I have transportation though I can start. I'll be heading over to Craig's list shortly, even though Alfred said he doesn't want to buy a car from there or ebay again. We'll see what happens, I guess.

So I wasn't too excited about having to go back to work today. I had such a nice couple of days at home, being housewifely and reading and playing video games and such. I rode my bike to the post office and grocery store yesterday. It was just so nice. But this morning I had to go run some errands after dropping Alfred off at the office, which meant I didn't get here until about 11:15. My favorite radio station was playing some really good songs, and I stopped at Starbucks, which I love. I ordered my favorite delicious hot drink (tall skinny caffe mocha) and they gave me a little sample of their new banana chocolate smoothie, which was really good, and healthy of course (you know, the banana). Then they gave me some special receipt that I can take to a Starbucks after 2 today and get a free drink! I'm going to be hopped up on caffeine all day long, I'll be up till midnight again. It'll be great, until I have to wake up early tomorrow morning. Anyway, my little morning jaunt cheered me up a bit. Now I'm waiting to see if I'm ditched for lunch, in which case I will head across the street to my little Mexican place to say goodbye to my friend, the owner. I haven't been there in a month or so, I hope he's not mad at me. He totally recognized me the last few times I was in there, he even remembered that I had a regular table! We have to make the most of these last few lunches I get to eat up here, I have to choose wisely. And of course, then I get to have lunch at some of my old places once I go back to the museum. Grilled cheese and tofu, here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's my favorite drink too! Except I went like last month I think and the lady lied and said that Starbucks dicontinued that syrup or somthing... LYING LIARS!

T & A said...

He told me that too, he said he'd just give me non fat milk so I still count that as skinny :)