Thursday, July 3, 2008

and she's back

We were out of the office yesterday and Tuesday helping to inspect some apartments that Max's company is looking at buying. Which wasn't so bad, because it got me out of the office for 2 days and I got to wear jeans. But we saw some interesting stuff. We saw all types of apartments, from the good: a grandmothery looking place, complete with a jar of cookies on the kitchen counter, to the bad:


That's mold covering that wall, and the ceiling has caved in at the left side of the picture. If you look at the right side you can see where more of the ceiling collapsed in the hallway. We saw about 3 that were this bad, but luckily no one was living in them. It was gross.

I haven't decided yet if I'm going to call my old boss about going back to the museum. I don't want to miss out on a new job opportunity by committing to the museum, but then again, I don't want to miss the opportunity to go back there either. Knowing them, though, they're probably not in any hurry to fill the position at the moment. They probably don't mind not having to pay that salary for a little while, especially with the cost of the new museum. I need to make the decision really soon though, as in today if possible. I just don't know yet.

Most people are probably excited about the 3 day weekend starting tomorrow because of the fourth. It'll be nice to not have to work tomorrow (this week was pretty awesome, really) but it's not like I get to hang out at home or anything. We're going home tonight, but coming back up tomorrow to celebrate with Alfred's parents, then spending the night again since Billy's still out of town. Their grandson was just born yesterday, so we don't know when they're coming back yet. We're going to try to go blueberry picking again on Saturday, but the farm we went to last time is out of berries for the season, so we'll see.

I don't even get to make anything fun for tomorrow. Too bad, cause that's my favorite part. I found a recipe for these frozen cheesecake cupcakes that I wanted to try, but Robyn's making the presidential candidates' wives' cookie recipes, and I think we're making ice cream during the day. Oh well. I tried on the t-shirt and shorts Robyn bought me last night (we get festive clothing for every single holiday known to man, I have socks for every holiday you can imagine) and she gave me way too much credit, they're both size extra small. They might have fit me back before I grew hips or boobs or weighed more than 100 pounds, but not now. It's a nice compliment, though!

I feel like this is kind of a grouchy post. I'm not in a grouchy mood, I just don't like having my social life dictated to me. I don't mind not being home for a long weekend if it's something I get to choose to do, but when I have no choice in the matter, it sucks.

No comments: