Thursday, July 24, 2008

happy (very belated) birthday, Steph!

I'm a terrible friend. Every year I think Steph's birthday is on July 23 or 24, then every year when it gets to those dates I think wait, wasn't her birthday July 16? And it was. July 16. Too bad I can't remember the right date before it happens. It's like I have a mental block. Last year I even put it into my computer to remind myself to remember in time, but of course my computer crashed and so my thinking ahead did me no good. Steph is currently off making the world a better place with the Peace Corps. What a good person. Happy Birthday!

I miss having girl friends nearby. There were 5 of us who became friends my sophomore year when we lived in the same dorm, and then we all lived together my senior year. The last time we were all together was for Rosemary's wedding last year. That's where this second picture is from, a few of us went wine tasting the day after the wedding. Someone else needs to get married or something soon so we all have an excuse to get together! We're scattered almost as far apart as possible right now, although we were farther apart when Katie was in Australia. Now she's only in Germany. I keep hinting for guests, but no one has taken me up on it yet!

In other news, we're staying at Ilya and Mercedes' house for a couple days while they're out of town for Ilya's job. Last night Alfred and I played super Mario brothers 1 and 3 on whatever game system they have that Ilya got from his brother. I was pretty terrible, but Alfred has some mad skills, at least on 3. Man, we're cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone is failing at her "Mother Hen" role, eh??

Maybe we will have a wedding in the next 12-18 months. I was hoping I would have more concrete plans on that front this summer, but sadly it looks like Ingo is letting me down. Blah!

I'm all for Kath's idea for a visit in the winter. We'll see what we can figure out.