Tuesday, July 8, 2008

sorry!

I just got a text from my mom, heckling me about my lack of posts. We were out of the office all day yesterday, we were actually out of the house from 7:45am until about 9:30pm, except for about 15 minutes around 7pm when we came back to shower and change. Alfred found a tenant to rent a house that Max's company owns, so we were cleaning it out and getting it ready for them to move in, which they are probably going to do today or tomorrow. This happens to be the house that we were planning on living in, if/when we rent our house until our new house is done, so we now have nowhere to live if/when we do rent our house. Which is now listed on Craig's list, and which Alfred has gotten 2 calls about already. So things are chugging along in that department, sort of, although now that we have nowhere to move to I guess it's ok if nothing happens right away.

Speaking of the new house, I don't think I mentioned it yet but we met with a drafts person a couple of weeks ago to work on our plans. We had drawn up a plan a couple of months ago, but Alfred decided he didn't like it (you like how I throw him under the bus?) so he got a bunch of books out of the library, found a new plan we liked, drew it up with some changes to fit what we want/need, and then the drafts person got to work on it. Here's what we have so far (first floor on the left, second floor on the right):


I'm happy with how it's coming along so far. She's still working on the elevation, so when she gets that finished up I'll post that so you can see how it will look from the outside. Now if we ever get all our permits, at least we'll be ready to get started.

We had a good weekend, very busy. We went blueberry picking with Ilya and Mercedes on Saturday,
then had dinner (including a blueberry pie) and a power hour at their house. Sunday we went swimming at our temporary house,
had a delicious pizza lunch,
and then hung out at their house in the afternoon/evening. Whew!

Now that I have fulfilled my obligations and (hopefully) satisfied my legions of loyal readers, I need to get back to work. The job search continues!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very nice floor plans; love the master bath. I had an exciting day too, took Kholton & Kieryn for a walk. You don't know excitement until you dicuss manhole covers & fire hydrants with a 3 year old. And then there is the discussion of his preference of "syrup" or "no syrup" on ice cream! Kenna was at gymnastics so he took full advantage of having me all to himself conversation wise.