Thursday, July 10, 2008

a new me, and a blast from the past

It is freaking boiling in the office this morning. The air conditioner isn't working again. I swear, we keep the maintenance company in business, they're out here at least once a week. One of the compressors on the roof got hit by lightening a couple of weeks ago, so they got a nice big check from that. You'd think they'd just fix it and let us be comfortable for awhile, but I guess they have bills to pay.

So I got a hair cut yesterday. Alfred did too, but he's a boy, he always gets it cut the same. His does look nice, though. See?

Anyway, my hair had gotten kind of long, and unless I took the time to dry and straighten it in the morning (which didn't happen very often, since I'd rather sleep for those extra 15-20 minutes) it looked like crap and just ended up in a ponytail. Which gets old. When I did have time to straighten it, it actually looked kind of cute and I actually liked how my hair looked, like this (from last Friday):

I told the girl I wanted it cut to my shoulders, with a couple of layers. I ended up with above my shoulders, no layers, and angled in front. Last night I thought I might like it, but this morning I'm not so sure. This is from last night, I was in a bad mood and full of beer and pie. I look ghastly, and not just from the haircut. I can't believe I'm posting this. The things I do for this blog.

In general I like it shorter because my hair has a few funky little waves in it, not enough to really be wavy but enough to not be straight, and when it's short it looks better with the waves I think. It also looks better with layers, which is why I asked for them. The crazy part is that my cut took almost an hour and a half! And it was just a Hair Cuttery, not anywhere fancy! I've gotten it cut in 10 minutes at a place like that before! She was very slow, very methodical, although I did find a few little pieces that she missed that I hacked off myself. She took so long she actually had to spray my hair down again (she washed it to start) because it was drying.

Now onto the blast from the past. Katherine, you're not going to like this. I talked to my old boss. I'm meeting with him next Tuesday to discuss possibilities. I also talked to Lindsay, and she told me that my former co-worker, Cathy, will definitely not be returning. So that's good. I'm going to come up with a list of demands, because I'm not going back without good incentive. But really, it will be really helpful if I could make more money again, especially if I can use the car again. So we'll see. I can take one for the team for a year if it means getting to a point financially where we're ready to start a family faster. Yup, it all comes down to babies!

At least Ilya will be excited if I go back to work there. I told them about it last weekend and he was all fired up, he just wants to be able to go to theme parks for free again! Which was a nice perk, I admit, and one I would definitely take advantage of more. Come visit me, I'll take you to Disney World!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

dude, your list of incentives better be up to your worth! however, you do make a good point about Disney:) Good luck!