Thursday, July 31, 2008

odds and ends

First of all, there are no pictures in this post. Alfred said that was ok.

Luckily my parents and sister are camping this weekend, otherwise I'm sure I would have gotten a text message or 2 from my mom, wondering where my posts were. Between not being able to use the internet at work and house sitting (which means I have a longer drive, unfortunately, but only by about 10 minutes) I just haven't had time. But I probably have a few minutes before I crash, so here are a few little things from the last couple of days.

  • I discovered that my last day last year was July 27. My first day this year was July 28. I thought that was kind of funny.
  • I got drug tested on Monday! Good thing I've been laying off the crack pipe lately. It was a good way to kill a couple of hours, because the clinic was closed for an extra hour for lunch.
  • Lindsay and Jeff moved this morning. It's not like we hung out all that often, but we did talk on the phone or email every now and then. I feel like them moving a few hours away is so far away and I'll never see them again. But once I get my free pass to attractions we can always plan a weekend out that way!
  • Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting my free attraction pass again. Ilya is pumped.
  • Tomorrow after work we're going to look at a car to buy. It's a Hyundai Elantra. Hopefully it looks and runs as good as the pictures look (and the seller says it does) cause I want a car! And it's like a 2 hour drive, so it would suck to do all that driving and come back without a car. But we'll see, if we don't like it there's always another car out there.
  • I get to listen to the radio all day now. I listened to a top 40 station on Monday. Rihanna has a lot of goddamn songs. I've been listening to classic rock since then. Much better.
  • Mike just got his birthday gift today. It was shipped June 23 and was priority mail. Stupid Hawaiian post office.
I can't really think of anything else. I feel like all day I think of little things and I'm like oh I should blog about that, but then when I actually sit here and type I forget it all. Oh well. Have a good Friday!

No comments: