Friday, June 27, 2008

busy day, sorry, etc

I was busy all morning and have been in a meeting all afternoon. It was really exciting. Oh, and the cheesecake yesterday was really good. It didn't look all that impressive when it was cut though, so no picture. I think if I make it again I'll use more raspberries.

Some of you know Alfred's friend from Cornell, Clare. Some of you may also have known that she was pregnant. Well, Alfred got an email from her this afternoon - she had a baby girl last month! I hope Clare doesn't mind me sharing these pictures, this baby is just too darn cute. (Clare, if you ever read this and want me to take these down, just let me know). The baby's name is Ella.


She was only 5 pounds 11 ounces, what a little peanut! At least the gift we bought for her will fit for awhile. Now I can finally mail it out - I've had it since the beginning of May and have been waiting to hear that she had arrived.
What a cutie.

Anyway, on to something more mundane: our weekend. Well, my weekend. Alfred's going hunting with a friend of his that he used to work with (he's gonna try to git him a hog!), so I'm all by my lonesome until tomorrow evening. Which was fine with me, until Alfred got a call from the guy we've house sat for with the big house (Billy). Guess who's out of town for the next week and a half and needs someone to stay at their house? So my nice day alone will now be spent at a strange house. That kind of sucks. Then we have to leave super early Sunday to be back home to meet the satellite guy who's scheduled to come between 8 and 12. Blah blah, bitch, moan. It won't be so bad. I can sleep in and lounge around and go to the mall. And get something to eat that Alfred doesn't like. See, it'll be great.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is ridiculously cute. Her face looks so inquisitive, like she's a little grown-up.