Monday, June 23, 2008

so, how was your weekend?

My weekend was just stellar, thank you for asking. I could have done so, so much around the house, but I didn't. I didn't even need to clean because we've barely been home to mess the place up since I cleaned last. I was saying to Alfred yesterday how I wanted the kitchen floor washed, the windows cleaned, the back yard cleaned up and weeded... but I didn't want to do a damn thing. That's not to say I didn't do anything. Here's my weekend in a handy bulleted list.
  • Saturday I headed to the farmers market and picked up some delicious, healthy, cheap produce. All of this came to $10. I feel like that's a good price, but I can't really be sure because I've never bothered doing a comparison at the grocery store.
  • I got hit on by one of the vendors at the farmers market. He was wearing a shirt that said "Let's flip a coin. Heads, I get tail. Tails, I get head." I was wearing my glasses and hadn't showered yet. He suggested we go to a strip club that afternoon (because he had to give me a bunch of singles as change.) Yeah, it was pretty awesome.
  • Speaking of my glasses, I didn't put my contacts in once this weekend. My eyeballs thanked me.
  • We had a delicious pizza Saturday for dinner. Toppings: pears, pecans, and gorgonzola cheese. I was inspired after buying the pears that morning.
  • I beat levels 4 and 5 on the second quest of the Legend of Zelda. I'm a nerd, by the way.
  • We worked on a new set of house plans. Alfred had gotten a whole bunch of books out of the library to look at for ideas and found a really good plan in one of them, so he drew it out and made some modifications to make it fit what we wanted/needed. It looks really good. The next step is to get it drawn up professionally so it can go to an engineer and get approved to build. Then we'll be ready to go once we get all of our permits.
  • I caught up on all of the episodes of "so you think you can dance" that were on the dvr. The show where the top 20 all performed didn't record for some reason, so I missed that, but it's ok. I'll live.
  • Our dvr decided to start to break. I think that's why my show didn't tape (see previous bullet point). It worked a few times this weekend, but not much. Someone's coming out to fix it next Sunday. Luckily we don't have much taping this week, so if it doesn't work, we won't miss much. But I think I'm going to ask Ellery to tape so you think you can dance for me though, just in case. Can't be too careful.
Non stop excitement, I tell you what!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a non-stop, fun filled weekend you had! Getting hit on must run in the family, Katie & our waiter at Texas Roadhouse flirted with eachother shamelessly on Sunday. But in Kate's defense, she did score a container of dill pickles to take home. The waiter was smitten. And in case you were wondering, rumor has it that her beer bong, purchased in Daytona, works just swell.

Anonymous said...

yeah dad informed me he wants to be part of the funneling next time.. but as he said he'll do it with rum and coke

Anonymous said...

Dad funneling rum & coke? What will get shaved then ??????