Saturday, June 28, 2008

ok, this is a bit much

I stayed at this huge house all by myself last night. It was a little scary, just because it's so big, and especially because Alfred found out yesterday that the alarm goes off sometimes when it's windy because one of the doors rattles. I could just imagine it going off in the middle of the night and scaring the shit out of me. But just now was even weirder. I'm in the kitchen when I hear this beeping and a mechanical voice. I jump up, thinking it's the doorbell, but no one's there. Then I think a door has been opened or something and someone's breaking in. But there's an alarm panel right there, and it's still activated and not showing anything. So I disarm it, just in case. Then as I'm walking back to the kitchen I see a little post office truck. As I get back to the kitchen the doorbell rings, I go get a package from the guy, he leaves. Then I hear the beep and mechanical voice again, but this time I can make out "driveway." We knew they had a motion sensor at the gate across the driveway, so apparently it's activated now and literally speaks to you to tell you when someone has entered or exited your driveway! How freaking crazy is that?? Ok, and just for you people (Alfred and Katie) who demand pictures, here's what the bed looked like this morning when I got up:

I built myself a nice, cozy little nest!

No comments: