Thursday, June 12, 2008

I suck


Yup. I am.

I didn't get to attend the recruitment fair today after all. I had received an email about a week and a half after I registered saying I was cleared to attend. I submitted my online application, sent in my transcript, and got myself sort of prepared. Yesterday I was looking through the website to make sure I had all the info I needed for the fair and came across a list of eligible registrants. My name was not there. So I called. Turns out there's another person with my last name who also registered, they mistakenly sent me his email when he was cleared to attend. It also turns out that there was a deadline to turn in my transcript and application, and I missed it. Now, in my defense, this deadline was not mentioned in the confirmation email I got after I registered, or anywhere on the website. Apparently it was on the registration form. Which is no longer available online, since registration closed over a month ago. Which means I didn't read it, or pay enough attention to it. So, I suck. And, the day I received the email saying I was cleared to attend was the deadline to submit my other stuff. So even if I had figured out the problem that day, I still wouldn't have been able to get it in on time, since I wouldn't have had my transcript with me.

There was also the slight matter of my transcript being filed under my maiden name and not credited to me at all. Seems they didn't pay any attention to the paper I put in there explaining that this was under my maiden name and giving my current name. But that's straightened out now, at least.

I even went there this morning, hoping someone stupid would be there and would just let me in. No luck.

I'm really, really angry at myself for screwing this up.

No comments: