Wednesday, June 11, 2008

in 24 hours it'll all be over

Thank you for all the opinions yesterday, even though I only got 3 votes on my poll and 1 was from me. (I did get comments and emails though, so thank you for those as well.) I'm not sure which one I'm going with yet, but I'll let you know. I'm sure that's exciting for everyone! As for the shoes, unfortunately I don't own any closed-toe heels. It wouldn't matter if I did, cause we're not going home tonight anyway. I feel like the shoes I wore to Ro's wedding would look ok, but I wouldn't be able to walk after wearing them for 7 hours. So I might have to hit up a shoe store/Target after work. We'll see how Alfred feels about that. :)

The reason we're not going home is that we've taken up residence at Ilya and Mercedes' house. They're in Spain for a couple of weeks, so we're making sure their animals and plants survive, and saving some gas in the process. We spent the night last night and will be there until Friday morning. I jogged around their neighborhood this morning. It was bloody hot, and it was only 8:30.

So who are these animals we're taking care of, you ask? Well, here they are! This is Becca (on the left) and Brielle (on the right). I wanted to take a picture of them cause they were sitting next to each other looking out the window, but as soon as they heard me they turned around. They are Siamese, if you please. (I'll have that song stuck in my head the rest of the day.)


This morning I was petting Becca and she was purring like crazy, so I assumed she loved me. When I stopped, she went and started rubbing herself on the walls and cabinets, still purring. So she loves me like she loves the wall. Nice. Oh, and we can't forget Oscar III.


Last night I had my book club, which was fun. There were 4 babies there, plus one due to be born in 6 days. There was a 10 month old girl there who I hadn't met before, she had almost no hair, 4 little teeth, and the biggest, cutest grin! The moms were all nice, too. Of course, we didn't talk about the book. I even bought it (used) this month and read it in 2 days. You'd think I'd learn my lesson, if we do talk about the book it's only for like 5 minutes. This month's book was "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. I've read a couple of her books before, but I can't quite decide if I like her or not. They're always good stories and hard to put down, but when I finish them I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed it, if that makes sense. Last month's book was "Saving Fish from Drowning" by Amy Tan, which I liked. It wasn't her typical Chinese mother/daughter book. There's your culture for the day. You're welcome!

I'm really, really nervous about tomorrow. I'll be there from 7:30 until at least 2, so no post till later in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read the Pact! I cried, oh how I cried. And I don't do that. Jodi Picoult does that to me. I saw they made another book of hers into a Lifetime movie, which a) figures and b) I secretly want to see now.

T & A said...

I cried like a baby reading My Sister's Keeper. They're making a movie out of that too, but Cameron Diaz is in it, so I don't think it's for Lifetime.