Monday, June 9, 2008

I miss my weekend

First of all, check out our dinner from last night:


Pizza with roasted red peppers, sauteed onions, and feta cheese on a honey wheat crust. Darn tasty. I love being able to pull a meal out of our asses when we haven't been shopping in weeks.

We had kind of a weird weekend. We were house sitting until Sunday morning, so we didn't even get home until about noon on Sunday. I kind of miss my house. It is nice not having to spend my whole salary on gas, though. Last week we probably only spent half.

Friday night we went out to eat with a couple of friends of ours, Lucy and Phil. We had pizza and beer, which of course led to a power (almost) hour (we did about 15 minutes, then took a break for another 15 minutes, then did another 30-45 minutes or so. Honestly, I lost track). That's like Alfred's favorite game these days. Afterwards we went back to the house we were sitting and sat outside and enjoyed the view. It was nice, I could get used to the whole hanging-out-with-friends-cause-we-don't-live-so-damn-far-away thing. Oh, and the picture is from when we went to Disney with them last year. Yes, they wore the ears the entire day. And I was pretty hung over. The car ride sucked.

Now the really exciting news: I bought a suit. Yup, I'm a real live grown up. Hopefully they're so dazzled by my professional appearance at the fair I'm going to on Thursday that they'll give me a job on the spot.

No comments: