Friday, June 13, 2008

nomads

I don't remember if I ever posted this picture. It's from one of our early morning walks on the beach. Pretty, huh?


I've taken a shower in 3 different houses since yesterday morning, and slept in a 4th. We're having our mail held for the next week because we won't be home for the next week. Meanwhile, we're collecting mail for 2 other houses. Yup, double booked for house sitting again. Ilya and Mercedes are at least really far away - the other couple is only going to be an hour away for a family event. They're even bringing a bunch of family to see the house Saturday morning. It seems completely ridiculous to me, but hey, what do I know. Then Sunday we'd be up here anyway for father's day and for Robyn's birthday, and then of course work, so we're just staying. Cheap gas week, at least! And I get to make a cake, so that's good. And we're going out to dinner tonight. Hell, who needs to go home?

We had been planning to go to Hawaii to visit Mike this summer. The plan had been for this week, because he had some time off. The fair I did not go to yesterday was one (but not the only) reason we decided to wait. That makes it suck even more.

No comments: