Tuesday, June 24, 2008

happy birthday Mike and Ellery!

That's right, same birthday, a year apart. Both of Alfred's siblings have nice easy birthdays for me to remember, Emily's is on Christmas. Mike is 25 today and Ellery is 24. I was going to call Mike at 6 when I woke up, because it would have been midnight there, but I decided not to be a dick in case his phone was on and I woke him up. He has to wake up early these days. And I'm a nice person. Of course, Alfred pointed out that he's called me in the middle of the night before, but I always have the volume on my phone turned off so it's ok. I learned that lesson in college. The first week of classes my senior year I got a call from a drunk Mike at like 3am, waking me up and pissing me off. But when I woke up for class at 7 or whatever time it was, I called him and woke him up in return. Good times.

Ellery's going out tonight, so we're not celebrating his birthday with him until Thursday. He has requested a raspberry chocolate cheesecake for his birthday dessert. I am happy to oblige. I can only assume it will be delicious. How can that combination of ingredients not be?

In other news, 2 of the girls in my book club have had babies in the past week. A girl and a boy. This brings us up to 7 total for this year, with another 3 due between now and October. It's like there's something in the water. Maybe when we move up here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made sure to call today at work when it was about 9:30 for me, 4:30 for him... I succesfully woke him up an hour before he had to get up for work...I was very pleased with myself =]

Anonymous said...

Yes, and he returned the favor by calling at 9pm his time, 3 am our time. Since Katie's phone was turned off he called the house phone to ask me to tell Katie that payback is a bitch.....but to who? I'm the sucker that answered the phone at 3 am. And it certainly didn't sound like he was "going home, eating left-overs and going to bed" like he told me he was going to do earlier!